Senior DevOps Engineer (20-40%)
Do you want to get an insight into a young, fast-growing e-commerce startup and actively support us in the development of a GCP strategy with your DevOps experience? Then you’ve come to the right place! We are looking for reliable and flexible employees who like to work in a young, dynamic team and support us with a structured approach to the growth of our company.
Your responsibilities from day one will be big, extremely diverse and include the following areas:
- developing GCP strategy in an early phase of the project
- building out scalable solutions for our high-performing applications
- working closely with developers to support infrastructure configuration and service launches
- creating security procedures and standards for the company
- supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- creating fundamental elements of the solution like Monitoring and Alerting
- implementing and sharing DevOps methodology widely among the whole company
- 5+ years of proven hands-on DevOps experience
- At least 3 years of extensive experience with Google Cloud Platform (a must)
- At least 3 years of experience Kubernetes skills (building and managing a production cluster)
- Hands-on experience with IaC tools such as Ansible and Terraform/CloudFormation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow every day
Your Tech Experience
- Linux, Containerization (Docker)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (Apache Kafka would be a big plus)
- Knowledge of setting up and tuning CI/CD tools (especially GitLab pipeline)
- Experience in monitoring/debugging complex, high availability production environments
- Agile work environment is commonplace for you
- You are no stranger to security techniques including firewalls, security groups, threat modeling, and dependency management
- Mastery of best practices and IT operations in high availability environments
What we offer
- An experienced and highly qualified team
- Full remote work with flexible hours
- A value-based culture and a friendly and supportive work environment
- Ability to regularly attend conferences and community events, both as a participant and contributor
- The opportunity to develop your potential
- Flat organizational structure and short decision-making paths
- Your own area of responsibility with room to shape and make decisions
Digt is a fast-growing e-commerce company. We identify, activate and nurture communities and are always finding new ways to create value for our partners. We develop and manage several online platforms in Switzerland: We offer the leading solution for employee discounts with Brands for Employees; we reach all students of universities and colleges with Brands for Students; we operate the portal Weeklydeals for the Swiss cantonal banks as well as their customers; and in cooperation with TX Group, we manage MyShop on 20Minuten. We are also behind the Super Deals on TWINT and the special offers on Lunch-Check.
Place of work: 8108 Dällikon / Remote
Start: Immediately or by agreement
To give you an even deeper insight into our StartUp, we would like to refer you to the blog entry about us by Carpathia, one of the leading management consultancies for digital business and eCommerce in Switzerland.
Carpathia Blog about “The eCommerce Makers for the Banking, Media and Education Industries”.
Are you interested?
Send us your application including CV, references and diplomas and tell us why you are the right person for this position.
We are looking forward to your application!